Saucettes No-Cheese PizzaWorthington makes wonderful breakfast sausages called Saucettes Vegetarian Breakfast Links. Use Saucettes to make a delicious sausage pizza that the whole family will enjoy!
Makes 1 large pizza.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 c Italian salad dressing or vinaigrette
- 5 Worthington Saucettes Breakfast Links
- 1 c tomato-based marinara or pasta sauce
- 3/4 c warm water
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp semolina
- Thinly slice the zucchini. Remove stem and seeds from pepper and cut into short strips.
- Slice onion in semi-circles. Place zucchini, peppers, and onions, in a small bowl with the Italian dressing. Toss well. Refrigerate and marinate while proceeding with dough.
Dough and Baking:
- Mix warm water and yeast in a small bowl and allow to proof 10 minutes.
- Add flour and salt and stir until thick. Turn out on a floured surface and knead 5 minutes, adding a bit more flour as needed.
- Place in oiled large bowl and oil top of dough. Cover with towel and allow to stand in a warm dark place until doubled (1 1/2-2 hours).
- Punch down and form into a ball. Cover and allow to rest 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Oil a large baking sheet (11" x 15" or similar) and sprinkle with the semolina.
- Spread dough out evenly on the baking sheet, using fingers to get it to edges.
- Bake without topping for 10 minutes. Remove and spread marinara sauce on top.
- Drain marinated vegetables and add over the sauce.
- Crumble Saucettes and add them to top.
- Bake another 10 minutes. Serve hot.