Jamaican Terkettes with Sweet PotatoesJamaican jerk seasoning is easy to make using our recipe. Today's simple Terkettes recipe gets a sweet undertone from the pineapple juice. You may use ready-made Terkettes or our own homemade version of Terkettes seitan.
- 2 c sweet potatoes, peeled and diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 c boiling water
- 1 c pineapple juice
- 1 tsp chicken style vegetarian broth mix
- 1 tsp Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 10 oz Terkettes with broth (or seitan)
- 1 bunch green onions, cut in 1 inch lengths
- In a large skillet, add all ingredients except the green onions.
- Stir and bring to simmering over medium low heat.
- Cover and turn to low.
- Simmer ten minutes.
- Turn off the flame and add the green onions.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot steamed rice.