Green Bean TVP ChiliUsing our recipe for TVP Vegetarian Beefy Crumbles, or a store-bought soy crumble, this is a quick and delicious stove top meal.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 c bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 c fresh tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 c TVP Vegetarian Beefy Crumbles
- 1/2 c canned tomato purée
- 2 c water
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 c fresh or frozen green beans, cut
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil over a medium flame in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and saute about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato, chili powder, oregano, and garlic; saute another minute.
- Stir in the TVP, tomato purée, water, cilantro, and green beans and bring to simmering.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer about 10 minutes, or until the green beans are tender and the chili has cooked down a bit.
- Add salt to taste. Serve hot with sour cream or shredded cheese.