Easy Baked Tofu StewWe used a carton of House Foods super firm cubed tofu in making this stew. It retained its texture and shape in the baking process and tasted delicious as it absorbed the seasoning. This fat free, low calorie, low carb recipe makes a satisfying one-dish meal.
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 8 oz Brussels sprouts, fresh or frozen
- 8 oz super firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1-15 oz can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dry rosemary
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (dairy or vegan), grated
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 6-8 cup baking dish, mix together the carrots, parsnips, and Brussels sprouts. Layer the tofu on top. Pour the diced tomatoes with their juice evenly over the dish and sprinkle with salt. Add the bay leaf and cover tightly with foil or a lid.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until the carrots and parsnips are just tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and black pepper and bake another 5 minutes. Serve hot in bowls.