Curried Terkettes and CauliflowerAnother entry in our weekly Terkettes Challenge, this one-dish recipe is good for a pot-luck supper or company meal. Serve it with a crisp salad.
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 c chopped celery
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp coriander seeds (optional)
- 1-20 oz can Terkettes. drained, reserving liquid
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 12 wheat crackers
- 1/4 cup melted margarine or butter
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and steam over boiling water for ten minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet, heat the canola oil and add the onion and celery. Sauté until the onion is transparent and the celery is tender. Add the minced jalapeno and coriander seeds and sauté another minute or two. Remove from heat.
- Add the Terkettes and cauliflower to the skillet of sauteed vegetables. Combine and place them in a buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together soup, mayonnaise, curry powder and 1/4 c reserved Terkettes liquid. Pour over the Terkettes mixture. Crush crackers, and mix with butter. Sprinkle over cauliflower.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.