Crockpot Bulgar StewNo need to precook or watch over the stew pot here! Just toss all ingredients into a 3-quart or larger slow cooker, and set on high heat for 3-4 hours. Delicious!
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 large golden potato
- 1 large carrot
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 c coarse (#4) bulgar wheat
- 1/2 c brown lentils
- 1-10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp plain paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp vegetarian mushroom stir fry sauce
- 4 c vegetable broth
- salt only if needed
- Cut squash in half horizontally and scoop out seeds. Cut off both ends of squash. Lay large cut end on cutting board and use a sharp knife in a downward curve to shave off the peel. Cut peeled squash into half-inch pieces and add to crockpot.
- Peel potato and carrot. Cut potato into 1/2 inch pieces. Slice carrot 1/3 inch thick. Slice celery into 1/3 inch slices as well. Add all to crockpot.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Set crockpot to high and cook 3-4 hours, adding a bit more broth if needed after a while. Test for doneness and salt level. Serve hot.