Almond-Wheat Berry Stuffed PeppersI use red, green, or any color pepper in this delectable baked dish. It is loaded with protein, vitamins and minerals. Best of all, it tastes great!
- 4 large bell peppers
- 2 c well-cooked Khorasan or standard wheat berries
- 1 c roasted and salted almond, chopped
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 c chopped onions
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp smoked coarse black pepper
- 1 c tomato sauce
- 1 c water
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut a slice off the top of each pepper. Scoop out the membranes and seeds from the peppers and place them in a baking dish just large enough to hold them.
- In a large bowl, blend the wheat berries, almonds, cheese, onions, mayonnaise, marjoram, and pepper until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stuff the prepared peppers and smooth tops.
- In a beaker, blend the tomato sauce, water and brown sugar. Pour it over each pepper and along the sides of the dish.
- Bake one hour uncovered. Serve hot.