Sweet Potato Apple BakeThis baked dish makes a lovely potluck offering or side dish to a great vegetarian meal. It's topped with vegan marshmallows. We used Dandies Air-Puffed Marshmallows and were very impressed with them. They tasted great and melted beautifully.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes (4-5 small)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 1/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence*
- 4-6 standard vegan marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and butter an 8-inch baking dish.
- Peel and thinly slice sweet potatoes. Peel, core and quarter apple. Cut apple in thin slices.
- Place half of sweet potatoes in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the brown sugar and half of the Herbes de Provence. Dot with half the butter.
- Place all of apple slices evenly in a layer on top.
- Cover with remaining sweet potatoes, and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar and Herbes de Provence. Dot with remaining butter.
- With kitchen shears, cut each marshmallows into 8 small pieces (or use a handful of vegan mini-mallows.) Set aside.
- Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and dot with marshmallows. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until marshmallows are golden. Serve hot.