Raisin Bran Banana MuffinsThese low fat, low sugar muffins will satisfy your sweet tooth and provide the protein and vitamins you need for a good start to your day.
Makes 18 muffins.
- 4 c raisin bran flakes cereal
- 2 c low fat milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c mashed ripe bananas (2-3 bananas)
- 1 c walnuts, chopped
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- In a large bowl, blend the cereal with milk to soften flakes.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add eggs. Blend well.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease 18 muffin cups with butter.
- Add the mashed bananas and walnuts to the large bowl of the cereal mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold these dry ingredients into the bran flakes mixture, blending only until no dry ingredients appear.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 or more full. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar on each muffin.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center has just a couple of crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool 2 minutes before loosening the edges with a butter knife and turning out to cool on a rack.