Plum Shortcake Made With Leftover Biscuits
If you have leftover or day-old biscuits, here is a delicious way to use them. Any stone fruit, whether peaches, apricots, plums, etc., would work in this recipe.
- 4 c diced plums
- 1/3 c water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4-6 leftover biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the plums in a 10 inch oven-proof skillet.
- Turn the heat on medium and add water, butter, lemon juice, sugar, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir until boiling. Reduce heat and continue to cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Nestle leftover biscuits in the syrup and ladle a little of the simmered plums on top of each.
- Place skillet in oven and heat 20 minutes. Remove and cool 10 minutes or more. Serve warm or chilled. Add whipped cream if desired.