- 8 c pitted, diced plums
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c milk (dairy or soy)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c unbleached all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and butter a (13 x 9 x 2 inch) baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the diced plums, half-cup of sugar and tablespoon of flour.
- Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs lightly with a whisk.
- Add milk, vanilla and the 4 tablespoons of sugar. Beat until well-blended.
- Pour in the melted butter, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until fully incorporated and no lumps appear.
- Add flour and blend with a wooden spoon just enough to combine into a biscuit-like batter.
- Spoon the batter on top of the plum base and smooth evenly over all.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 15-30 minutes before cutting and serving. May be served warm or at room temperature.