Minted Gelatin Dessert : VeganI really enjoy Jeannie Prebiotic Jelly Desserts. With their naturally fat free gelatin, light desserts such as this one can be made easily. I used the White Grape flavor in this recipe, but any flavor would work nicely.
- 1-11 oz can mandarin oranges
- 1/2 c frozen blueberries
- 1/4 c raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1-3.6 oz box of Jeannie Prebiotics Jelly Dessert
- Drain the mandarin oranges and lay them on paper toweling to catch excess moisture.
- Place the blueberries on paper towels as well, and allow to thaw and drain off moisture.
- Lightly oil 6-8 small ramekins. Place them on a tray or baking sheet to make it easier to refrigerate them.
- Place equal amounts of the oranges, blueberries, sunflower seeds, walnuts and chopped mint in the ramekins.
- In a medium, non-reactive pot over medium heat, add 2 cups of water. Slowly stir in the gelatin from the large packet until it completely dissolves. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and continue stirring as it simmers for 2 minutes.
- Remove from burner and allow to stand 3 minutes.
- Pour in the Citric Acid from the thin package included in the box and stir well. Pour an equal amount of gelatin in each ramekin, covering the fruits, nuts, and seeds.
- Refrigerate the gelatin dessert for at least 2 hours or until fully set up. Serve directly in ramekins, or loosen edges with a butter knife and turn over onto individual dessert plates. Decorate with extra mint leaves and serve chilled.