Easy Pumpkin Pudding
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 7/8 c pumpkin puree (or a 15 oz can)
- 1/2 c evaporated milk
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and butter an 8-inch cake layer pan.
- In a large bowl, blend the melted butter and pumpkin puree.
- Add evaporated milk, egg, and vanilla. Beat by hand until well-combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cinnamon, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until the top is not sticky when pressed lightly in the center. Cool at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving and slice in wedges.