Banana Coconut Cake
This lovely cake is not too terribly sweet and is so moist and delicious! Use ripe bananas, but not overly ripe!
Makes one large tube cake.
- 1/4 c cold butter
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c pecan pieces
- 1/2 c shredded coconut
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a tube pan generously and dust it with flour.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and place it in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add coconut oil and sugar. Start beating on low, increase speed to medium, and beat until creamed.
- Add eggs, sliced bananas, sour cream,rum extract and vanilla. Beat 3 minutes.
- Beat in the pecans and coconut for a minute.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Add gradually to the mixer and beat another minute, or until incorporated.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan and smooth top. Bake about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the top comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 7 minutes before loosening sides and center with a butter knife.
- Invert onto a plate, then turn it right-side up onto a serving platter. Allow to cool before slicing and serving.