Egg and Artichoke CasseroleServe this dish for breakfast, or for a light lunch or supper. It is especially good with a baked potato or toast points.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1-10 oz can evaporated milk
- 1-14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 c frozen petite peas
- 1 tsp dry tarragon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- dash coarse black pepper
- 4 hard cooked eggs, sliced**(see below)
- 1 c ranch style croutons, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and butter an 8 inch baking pan/dish.
- In medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour with a wire whisk until smooth and bubbly. Add milk and bring to simmer, stirring constantly. Continue simmering and stirring one minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in artichokes, peas, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- In the bottom of the prepared pie plate, place the egg slices. Spoon the artichoke mixture on top and smooth it evenly. Sprinkle with croutons.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately with toast or potatoes.
**Be sure to boil your eggs properly so the yolks don't go green and the whites don't become rubbery. In a small saucepan, cover eggs with cold water by 1 inch. Over high heat bring to a rolling boil. Turn off heat, cover, and allow to stand on burner 20 minutes. Rinse in cold water. Chill if not using immediately.