Sweet and Sour Refrigerator Pickles
Make 6 pints.
- 10 c Persian cucumbers, scrubbed clean, thinly sliced (1/4 inch)
- 5 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 honey
- 1 Tbsp celery seed
- 1 Tbsp mustard seed
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- Using 6 sterilized pint sized canning jars, fill them tightly with the cucumber slices.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir the cider vinegar, honey, celery seed, mustard seed, and salt. Bring to boiling.
- Simmer 5 minutes. Pour hot liquid over the cucumbers in the jars, filling to 1/2 inch from top.
- Wipe rims with clean towel, and place clean canning lids and rings on them. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place in refrigerator and use within 2 months.