Refrigerator Pineapple Apricot Jam
This is a chunky jam that is so much more flavorful than anything you can buy in the store. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Use it on yogurt, in sandwiches, and on your morning toast.
Makes about 3 cups.
- 1 pound coarsely chopped, pitted apricots (with clean peels)
- 1 (8 oz) small can crushed pineapple with liquid
- 1 c sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a 3 quart or larger heavy saucepan; stir well.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, and cook 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. If you are unsure whether it is thick enough, perform a saucer test*(see below).
- Pour jam into very clean jelly jars; cool. Tightly seal the bottles and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
*Saucer Test: Place a saucer in the freezer for at least 5 minutes. Drop a spoonful of jam on the saucer and return it to the freezer for 60 seconds. Run your finger through the center of the jam, making a clean path. If the path fills back in right away, the jam is not ready. If the path remains clear, it's done.