Makes about 3 cups.
- 4 c cleaned, pitted, finely chopped plums
- 1 c sugar
- dash salt
- 1 Tbsp Fruit Fresh or lemon juice
- 2 pinches Xanthan gum
- Place the plums in a 2-3 quart saucepan and stir in the sugar, salt and Fruit Fresh. Turn the heat to medium low.
- Continually stir until the fruit releases its liquid. Then turn the heat up to medium, stirring frequently until boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, and breaking up plums a bit with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the Xanthan gum evenly over the jam, then stir until the jam is thickened.
- Pour jam into very clean bottles or refrigerator containers. Cap tightly.
- Refrigerate and use within 3 weeks. (Jam may be frozen for up to 4 months, then placed in the refrigerator and used within 3 weeks.)