Lima Bean HashWe used cooked dry lima beans in our hash, but fresh or frozen lima beans would work well in this recipe too. You can serve this dish with 'sunny-side up' eggs on top, though it has enough protein to serve as a main course.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 c cooked lima beans
- 2 cooked potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 c vegetarian sausage, crumbled or finely chopped
- 1/2 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 large bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, warm the vegetable oil. Add the lima beans, potatoes, sausage crumbles, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Allow to brown for a few minutes without disturbing.
- Sprinkle with season salt, paprika, rosemary and granulated garlic. Turn with a spatula and brown the other side.
- Turn one or two more times, mixing in the seasonings and browning the mixture. Remove to a serving bowl and garnish with a sprig of rosemary or parsley. Serve hot.