Honey Nut Corn Grits
These grits make a lovely breakfast or bedtime snack. They are high in protein, inexpensive, and delicious. The whole family will love them!
- 2 c milk
- 2 c water
- 1 c yellow corn grits(polenta)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 c chopped pecans (or other nuts), toasted
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add milk, water, grits, honey, and butter. Stir with a whisk until butter melts.
- Reduce heat to low and cook about 15 minutes, whisking often until grits thicken and soften.
- Transfer to bowls and top each helping with toasted nuts. Serve hot with extra butter and honey if desired.