Molasses Bran MuffinsIf you love the rich taste of molasses and brown sugar, you will enjoy these muffins.
Makes 12 muffins.
- 1 stick sweet butter, diced
- 1/4 c firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/2 c whole milk
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup wheat bran
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tins (1/3 c size) with paper liners or butter them well.
- In a large electric mixer bowl, cream together the butter and the brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream, milk, and molasses; stir in the raisins.
- In a medium bowl, blend the flour, baking soda, and bran. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and stir the batter until it is just combined. (The batter will be lumpy.) Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins and bake in the middle of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and springy to the touch. Turn the muffins out onto a rack and let them cool.