Lavender Limeade : sweetened with steviaIf you are fortunate enough to have a lavender plant or access to dried lavender, you can enjoy many lovely dishes and beverages flavored with this herb. This refreshing limeade will hit the spot on a hot summer day, and best of all, it is all natural, sugar-free and low in calories.
Makes 3 cups.
- 1 Tbsp lavender blossoms, stems and leaves, chopped
- 2 c boiling water
- 1/4 c lime juice (about 2-4 limes)
- (2) one-gram (.035 oz) packets of stevia*
- 10 ice cubes
- lime slices for garnish
- In a heat proof bowl or tea pot, steep the lavender in the boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Strain the tea.
- Add the lime juice, stevia and ice cubes and stir well.
- Pour over fresh ice cubes and garnish with lime slices.