This low cholesterol, vegan meal is easy to prepare. The simple flavors are perfectly balanced.
- 1 c long grain rice
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 c onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 c fresh cherry tomatoes (red or yellow), chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained
- Cook the rice according to package directions
- In a medium saucepan, heat the vegetable oil on medium. Add onion, celery, salt and pepper. Sauté 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and chickpeas. Bring to simmer.
- Cover and reduce heat to low; cook 8 minutes.
- Serve chickpea mixture on top of rice.