Stuffed Sweet Mini-Peppers
These tasty appetizers are not only a healthy choice, they are a low calorie choice. Prepare 5 or 6 for each guest. They will disappear in a flash!
Makes about 24 appetizers.
- 12 sweet mini-peppers
- 1 large carrot, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 c panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 small bunch basil
- 1/2 c feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, and scoop out membranes, seeds and stems. Place on large shallow baking dish.
- In food processor, pulse the remaining ingredients until ground (or mince by hand).
- Stuff peppers with a rounded tablespoon of filling each.
- Bake 30 minutes. Serve hot or warm.