Roasted Pepper Hummus
This makes a healthy snack for a movie night or tabletop game night. Very lovely flavor!
Makes about 2 cups.
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 medium red sweet peppers or 1 (14-18 oz) bottle roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 c tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp fennugreek (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- If using fresh peppers, cut them in half. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil. Roast for 30-40 minutes at 400 degrees F or until soft and browning in places. Remove seeds and stems.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve with vegetable sticks, toasted bread squares, pita, crackers, or tortillas.