Chili Lime Jicama Snacks
This is one of the healthiest, crunchiest snacks I know. It is low in calories, has no added fat or sugar, and offers plenty of roughage. It is a favorite in Mexico, and it may prove to be a favorite on your movie or game night!
- 1 chilled large jicama
- 1/4 c fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel jicama and cut in strips. (You should have 5-6 cups of strips.) Place in a large bowl.
- Add lime juice and toss to coat everything.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle only one-half of the spice mixture over the jicama.
- Toss well until coated. Before serving, taste for seasoning, and sprinkle as much of the remaining spice over the top as desired.
- Serve immediately, or cover tightly and refrigerate up to 4 days.