German Cole Slaw
This is a refreshing salad with just the right amount of dressing. I like to refrigerate it for several hours before serving, then toss to refresh.
- 4 c cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/3 c red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 c carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 Tbsp safflower oil
- 2 Tbsp malt vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, red onions, and carrots.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, malt vinegar, sugar, celery seeds, caraway seeds, and salt.
- Pour mixture over cabbage; toss gently. Chill a few hours for best flavor.