Colorful Mexican ColeslawThis colorful coleslaw can be made in the morning, covered, refrigerated, and served for dinner in the evening. Toss again to refresh just before serving.
- 6 c green cabbage, shredded (about 1/2 head)
- 1 1/2 c peeled and finely shredded carrots, (2-3 medium)
- 1/3 c cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 c green onions, thinly sliced (green parts only)
- 1 c tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 1 large)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place shredded cabbage and carrots in a colander; rinse thoroughly with cold water to crisp.
- Shake, and let drain for 10 minutes.
- Place in large salad bowl and add cilantro, green onions, and tomatoes. Blend well.
- In a small bowl or cruet, mix together the minced jalapenos, lime juice, rice vinegar, sugar, oil and salt.
- Pour this dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.